Winter Warmer Recipes: Creamy Pumpkin Soup
Written By: SportsShoes
Who is not loving a soup that gives your body the warmth it needs in the winter time after a run?
Judith has shared with us her lovely homemade Pumpkin Soup, which brings you back to your family evenings in front of the fireplace.
The following recipe is quite easy for you to make it yourself. ㅤ
Serves 2 people
- 1.5kg Hokkaido Pumpkin
- 2 medium sized Carrots
- 2 medium sized Potatoes
- 1 tsp Salt
- Curry powder
- Turmeric powder
- Paprika hot powder
- 1 tsp granulated vegetable soup
- 100g Butter
- 200g Crême fraiche
- Wash the pumpkin well, then cut into quarters and scrape out with a sharp spoon.
- Cut the pumpkin, potatoes and carrots into pieces.
- Put the butter in the pan and heat until melted.
- Add the chopped vegetables and gently braise.
- Add salt and all the spices.
- Add approx. 1 litre of water (more water can be added later on, in case the soup is to thick).
- Simmer gently, then add the granulated vegetable soup.
- When the vegetables are soft, blend with a hand blender until creamy.
- Taste, season if necessary.
- Add the crême fraiche
Serve on a soup plate, sprinkle with chopped parsley.
A way to give it a twist:
- Heat a pan with oil
- Add a packet of frozen wild salmon to the pan
- Season with salt and paprika
- Put the lid on and let it cook slowly
- Cut the wild salmon into pieces and sprinkle the fried pieces of wild salmon over the soup.