Bodyweight Blast With Kirby Akindeinde
Written By: SportsShoes
It’s time to smash those limits as PT and fitness model Kirby Akindeinde pushes us to our max with these bodyweight exercises in the latest of our #NoFunStandingStill AT HOME sessions.
A former long jump, triple jump and sprint athlete, Kirby was Yorkshire champion three years running. Now a PT and teaching at one of London’s top fitness studios, Core Collective, Kirby has teamed up with SportsShoes.com to deliver this all over, bodyweight workout that you can do at home.
This hardcore, HIIT workout will get your heart racing and delivers all-over body strength and conditioning. With core, upper/lower body and plank segments, you’re guaranteed to feel the burn. Get ready to dig deep and go all out for optimum results!
Time: 30 minutes
- Comprehensive training session including full warm up and cool down
- Targets and conditions core, upper and lower body, delivering an all over workout
- High intensity workout that raises the heart rate and fires up the metabolism
- No equipment necessary, just grab a mat, towel or use a soft surface
- High Plank with Toe and Shoulder Taps
- Lunges with shoulder opener
- Side Lunges
2 x exercises, 10 reps of each, repeat twice
- Jumping Squats
- Press and Release
- High Plank Hold with Shoulder Taps
4 exercises, back to back, 2 x rounds
- Leg Raises
- Bicycle Crunches
- Single Leg Supine Knee Tuck
Upper and Lower Body Section
Upper and Lower Body Section, 2 rounds
- Squat to Floor Touches
- Squat hold with pulses
- Reverse Lunge into High Knee Jump Up
- Split Hand Press Ups
- Tricep Dips
- High Plank Hold into
- Alternating High/Low Plank
- Side Plank with Knee to Elbow
60 Second Burner – Burpee Challenge
- As many Burpees as you can in 60 seconds!
- Stretch and relax to finish
SportsShoes.com’s #NoFunStandingStill AT HOME initiative features exclusive advice and workouts from our ambassadors and experts, helping runners and all fitness enthusiasts to stay motivated, fit and active – at home. Tune in via @sportsshoes Instagram for our latest livestreams covering everything you need to know from stretching and mobility to nutrition and motivating playlists.
For more training advice and workouts, check out the SportsShoes.com Training Hub