FIRST LOOK: On Cloudboom Echo 3
Written By: SportsShoes
The On Cloudboom Echo 3 embodies elite athlete insights and footwear innovation from the The Lab.
This is On's fastest race day shoe and all about maximizing running efficiency.
|Stack height:||37mm (Heel) / 28mm (Forefoot)|
|Most suitable for:||Made for your fastest marathons and road races.|
|Key features:||Engineered with On's signature CloudTec®, HelionX1 superfoam, and a rocker-shaped full-carbon Speedboard®, the shoe combines impact protection with supreme energy return.|
Engineered with On's signature CloudTec® and Helion X1 superfoam, the Cloudboom Echo 3 combines impact protection with supreme energy return. A rocker-shaped full-carbon Speedboard® enhances superior propulsion on every stride.
Tested and proven by athletes, even at world stage races. The collaboration with the athletes was the essential ingredient to developing the 3rd generation of the Cloudboom Echo. And literally everything on the shoe is designed for running FAST: From it‘s construction, materials and race-specific details such as the sockliner and laces to keep the foot in place.
Someone has to win. Why not On?
Lightweight plays a role on race day; the Cloudboom Echo 3 weights only 215g. Its thin and breathable one-piece upper makes the shoes look and feel light and fast.
A race-specific fit provides comfort where you need it (heel, instep) and smart silicon applications on sockliner and laces for perfect fit inside the shoe (no slipping, no friction) even over the full distance of a marathon.
- High-tech one-piece woven upper with engineered zones for high breathability
- Minimal in terms of overlays
- Everything is directly engineered into the one piece upper for optimal support for racing
- Padded tongue for high comfort with small cut-outs for more breathability
- Precise heel construction for perfect heel lock
- Laces with small silicon dots to prevent unlacing during a race
MIDSOLE AND OUTSOLE FEATURES:
- CloudTec® bottom unit made from Helion X1 superfoam in a race-legal stack height provides cushioning and supreme energy return
- A spoon-like shaped full Carbon speedboard, sandwiched between the midsole layers propels you forward
- The midsole construction leverages the most out of the plate: the clouds collapse and allow for more forefoot pressure on the plate for more explosive take-offs
- Molded and perforated sockliner with silicon print to prevent slipping and reduce friction
- Thin rubber pads are placed in the key impact areas in the heel, a larger forefoot pad provides more surface area for best traction during the toe-off