Endurance, Strength & Mobility Workout Video With Stephen Scullion & Emile Cairess
Written By: SportsShoes
We’ve got you covered pre- and post-run, as elite athletes Stephen Scullion and Emile Cairess join us for our latest
Stephen Scullion is a long distance specialist and reigning Irish Marathon champion. He qualified for the Tokyo Olympics with a time of 2 hours and 11 minutes and enjoys sharing his running experiences to help other runners.
Emile Cairess is a talented 22 year old GB runner with a focus on the 5K and 10K disciplines. In 2019 he took the bronze medal at the U23 European Championships with a time of 28:50:21
Here the Under Armour pro athletes guide us through pre-run exercises designed to activate key muscle groups, strengthen and condition the body and get you ready to head out of the door. This is followed up with a mobility session focusing on loosening up areas of tightness and tension, boosting blood flow and promoting recovery, and a question and answer session with key tips for runners.
- Simple and non-time-consuming pre-run exercises that you can do to prep the body before you run
- Build strength, endurance and condition key areas of the body for runners
- Reduce tightness with running-specific mobility exercises post-run and first thing in the morning
- Boost recovery and reduce the risk of injury, helping you to become a better and stronger runner
- Top tips from the pros to improve your running and focus your training.
Sportsshoes.com’s #NoFunStandingStill AT HOME initiative features exclusive advice and workouts from our ambassadors and experts, helping runners and all fitness enthusiasts to stay motivated, fit and active – at home. Tune in via @sportsshoes Instagram for our latest livestreams covering everything you need to know from stretching and mobility to nutrition and motivating playlists.
For more advice and workouts for runners, check out our Running Hub.