CREAMY VEGAN ICE LOLLIES RECIPE – HEALTHY SNACKS
Written By: SportsShoes
The temperature is rising and there’s no better time for indulging in refreshing and healthy summer treats. Registered dietitian and health writer Laura Tilt joins us for our latest #NoFunStandingStill AT HOME session to chat us through her favourite home-made summer ice lolly recipes, including this deliciously creamy, 100% vegan cashew, coconut milk and cocoa lollies.
Cocoa Chanel- Cashew, Coconut Milk and Cocoa Lollies
Makes approx. 6 x 75ml Lollies
- 200ml/half can coconut milk
- 100g dates
- 15g cocoa powder
- 125ml almond milk or other plant milk (cow’s milk is fine if not vegan)
- 25g cashews
- Pinch of salt
- Place the dates and cashews in a bowl and pour over boiling water from a kettle to cover. Leave to soak for 10-15 min.
- Drain and place in a blender with the coconut milk and remaining ingredients. Blend until you have a smooth liquid – a bit like a smoothie. You may have to do this in two batches depending on the size of your blender.
- Pour evenly between molds and freeze for at least 4 hours.
Sportsshoes.com’s #NoFunStandingStill AT HOME initiative features exclusive advice and workouts from our ambassadors and experts, helping runners and all fitness enthusiasts to stay motivated, fit and active – at home. Tune in via @sportsshoes Instagram for our latest livestreams covering everything you need to know from stretching and mobility to nutrition and motivating playlists.